Metal-to-Metal Anti-Galling Performance
Tribaloy alloys are either cobalt or nickel-based and are developed for applications in which extreme wear is combined with a high temperature and a corrosive media. Their high molybdenum content accounts for excellent dry-running properties and can be used at temperatures up to 800 - 1000 °C.
Tribaloy’s are typically used in applications where:
- Metal-to-metal wear exists
- Surfaces cannot be lubricated (e.g. high temperatures)
- Both wear and corrosion are factors
- Fluid lubricant is of low viscosity
- Lubrication starvation exists
Tribaloy alloys are used extensively as hard-phase particles in automotive valve seats and guides as well as for other components in aircraft engines and turbochargers to enhance wear performance at elevated temperatures.