Don’t Sacrifice Toughness for Wear Resistance
Stellite 6B offers both.
An extensive hot forging process transforms brittle ingot into the tough, wear-resistant Stellite 6B. Don’t let the hardness range of 33-43RC fool you, the surface of this material goes through an extensive transformation that provides unmatched wear resistance for such a tough material.
- Available for use with Kennametal Additive Manufacturing.
- Meets Aerospace Material Specification AMS 5894 requirements
- DFARS compliant
- Supplied with original MTR certification
- Stocked in standard mill forms
- Round bar: 0.312" - 6.0" diameter (full lengths or cut pieces)
- Flat stock: 0.031" - 1.0" thick (full sheets or cut pieces)
- Custom sizes available based on minimum production quantity
- In-house machining services to deliver finished components
Excellent Hot Hardness
Stellite 6B retains hardness and wear resistance at operating temperatures up to 1800F, and recovers full mechanical properties once cooled to room temperature.
Resists Erosive Wear
Wrought structure and large chromium carbides provide abrasive wear resistance comparable to much harder cast materials - Some applications lasting for over 30 years!
Withstands Seizing & Galling
A low coefficient of friction allows sliding contact with other metals without damage by metal pick-up, making Stellite 6B perfect for applications where lubricants can't be used.
Impact & Thermal Shock Resistant
The toughness of the wrought alloy yeilds Charpy impact test results 4X that of other cast materials with similar chemistry.
Combats Harsh Corrosion
While other materials struggle to survive the harsh corrosive media used in industries like food handling or chemical equipment, Stellite 6B thrives.
Makes Workability a Breeze
Stellite 6B sheets can be formed and welded in place to quickly cover high wear areas with minimal heat input - protection where and when you need it most.
Consistently the Victor
Stellite 6B out performs harder materials in G65 Abrasion resistance testing.